Helium Converter is a free, fully functioning, helper application that enables you to convert your audio files into many different formats.
It provides comprehensive support for the conversion from and to a large variety of lossless and lossy music file formats, namely:
Supported source formats:
- Monkey Audio (APE)
- Ogg Vorbis
Supported target formats:
- Ogg Vorbis
The most output formats also supports volume normalizing (non-destructive) which can be configured per encoder.
In addition, the music file tag content (meta data) is also converted and saved to the destination files.
DRM (copy protected) music file conversion is not supported.
How to convert files with Helium Converter
- Select which folders or files you would like to convert using the toolbar buttons.
- Specify which output folder your converted files shall be seved to. Optionally you can set it to the same folder as for the source files.
- Select the desired output format and optionally specific options for the selected encoder.
- Click Convert
Use the powerful inspection tool for one or more selected files by clicking Properties. From that dialog you will be able to see all audio and tag related information for a specific file, including attached pictures.
Click Options to control how conflicting filenames shall be handled as well switching between the dark (default) and the light theme.
Helium Converter exists in the following languages:
Translating Helium Converter
If you are interested in helping us translating Helium Converter, follow the steps below.
By helping us in translating Helium Converter, we will offer you a free Helium license.
Follow these steps to translate Helium Converter:
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to %APPDATA%\Imploded Software\Helium Converter\Languages
- Create a copy of Translation.resx and rename it to Translation.[countrycode].resx, where countrycode is the two-letter country code you are creating the translation for
- Download and install Zeta resource editor
- From Zeta, select Open resource files and select the file created in step 2
When the translation is completed, please contact us
Note: It is also possible to translate Helium Converter using a text-editor of your choise.